Sopnendu Mohanty is chief fintech officer at the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Green finance has become a big priority for the MAS – and the story is all about data.
Mohanty speaks with DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio about how the MAS is approaching the shift to sustainable finance, the role that data will play, how fintechs are necessary to building new ways of doing things, and how green finance ties into the MAS’s other digital projects.
Finally, Mohanty reveals here that MAS is building a new platform for green-fin data, which he expects to showcase later this year.
- Show notes:
- 0:00 – Sopnendu Mohanty, MAS
- 1:15 – MAS’s high-level green strategy
- 5:45 – Regulating financial institutions’ green policies
- 8:05 – ESG’s big changes coming for financial services
- 9:45 – Can regulators in ASEAN harmonize policies and rules?
- 13:45 – Innovation, fintech, data for sustainable finance
- 17:25 – Data safeguards and transparency
- 19:10 – How long is sustainable finance going to take?
- 20:05 – Green fintech and MAS’s other digital initiatives: payments, ID, AI, CBDCs
- 23:45 – Building MAS’s new “Green Print” platform
- 25:15 – What to expect at this year’s Singapore Fintech Festival