Ariel Shtarkman is co-founder and managing partner of Undivided Ventures, a Hong Kong-based venture-capital business that invests in PropTech – technology businesses aimed at digitizing various aspects of real estate.
She speaks with Jame DiBiasio about how PropTech has evolved in Asia, what family offices and other investors are looking for, and what opportunities are drawing capital, both from Asian investors and from global ones.
Shtarkman discusses PropTech’s overlaps with fintech, notably in ESG and sustainable investing, WealthTech platforms to provide family offices with access to private funds, and prospects for tokenizing real estate.
- 0:00 – Ariel Shtarkman, Undivided Ventures
- 1:08 – Intro to Undivided and investing in PropTech and ESG
- 2:19 – What is PropTech, and its connection to Fintech
- 4:22 – Trends for Asian family offices investing in real estate
- 7:11 – How global family offices view Asian real estate
- 8:53 – Macro and geopolitical considerations for investors
- 9:51 – ESG investment opportunities in real estate for VC funds
- 13:43 – Best ways for investors to gain Asia real-estate exposures
- 16:19 – Demand among family offices for WealthTech platforms
- 18:55 – Tokenizing real estate, prospects and impediments
- 23:36 – Ariel’s view on Hong Kong and Singapore property valuations