Sandy Peng, investing in blockchain, DigFin VOX Ep 8
Blockchain investor Sandy Peng talks DeFi, animal coins, and what bankers need to know.
Sandy Peng is partner at Fission Capital, a firm she helped launch in 2016 to invest in blockchain projects and companies.
She speaks with DigFin about how to structure an investment firm for blockchain, the hot themes, what traditional finance people ought to know about DeFi, Ethereum’s transition to Proof of Stake protocols and the competitors nipping at its heels, and her take on Doge.
- Show notes:
- 0:00 – Sandy Peng, Fission Capital
- 1:35 – Investing in tokens versus equity
- 3:05 – Blockchain investing versus VC
- 4:30 – Investment themes, Ethereum 2.0, TVL “total locked value”
- 7:15 – Structuring investments in blockchain
- 8:10 – DeFi, what financial institutions need to know
- 10:05 – DeFi’s impact on financial services, Web3.0
- 12:35 – DeFi: waiting for regulation
- 14:15 – CeFi versus DeFi, B2C versus B2B models
- 16:30 – Doge, Shiba, “animal coins” and the power of communities
- 22:55 – Ethereum 2.0, challenge of Proof of Stake consensus, new PoS protocols
- 24:40 – The projects that can survive a crypto bust
Perspectives2 weeks ago
Startups, VCs will get money back from SVB. Now what?
Capital Markets4 weeks ago
Bond association tackles DLT’s impact on liquidity
Perspectives4 weeks ago
“We can accommodate 1,000 more startups in Web3”
Capital Markets2 weeks ago
Crypto data | Ambre Soubiran, Kaiko | VOX Ep. 52
Capital Markets3 weeks ago