Nicki Ramsay, founder and CEO of Singapore-based payments fintech CardUp, discusses the evolution of tech companies supporting credit-card use. Her business model has evolved from consumer to SME, but where will it land next? Will CardUp move into lending itself?
She speaks with DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio about these developments plus the growth drivers – and the business challenges – behind the combination of fintech and credit cards.
- 0:00 – Nicki Ramsay, CardUp
- 0:55 – Evolution of CardUp’s business model
- 2:30 – Card fintech versus CreditTech
- 4:35 – Consumer versus corporate card users
- 6:10 – Where’s the growth coming from?
- 7:10 – Will ASEAN harmonize regulation for payments?
- 8:15 – How durable is your business model?
- 9:45 – The big trends impacting fintech + cards
- 11:50 – Virtual banks: friend or your partners’ foe?
- 13:45 – The fintech value proposition to SMEs
- 15:00 – Live by partnerships, die by partnerships?
- 16:35 – What will your business look like in 18 months?
- 17:25 – Are card rewards still lucrative?
- 18:10 – What is your path to profitability?
- 18:55 – Does CardUp plan to become a lender?
- 20:00 – Buy now, pay later
- 20:20 – As founder, your vision for the business