Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions: copyright, privacy, disclaimers
I. Copyright policy
All content on this website is copyright August 25, 2020 Digital Finance Media Limited (“DigFin”, “DigFin Group”, “we”, “us”, “our” ). This policy forms part of our terms and conditions. Thank you for reading this policy: our ability to provide quality journalism depends on users complying with it. We reserve the right to update this policy. DigFin refers to both our legal company and to websites we own, including but not limited to digfingroup.com, digfinmedia.com, and digitalfinancemedia.com.
Copyright law gives DigFin the exclusive right to control the use copyright-protected works, which includes all material published on our website and other digital/wireless platforms. Use that is made without our permission can result in personal and corporate liability. Where we state below that something is not allowed or permitted, then to do so is a breach of our terms and conditions, i.e. is a breach of contract, and may also violate copyright law.
Use of DigFin content
You may view our content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with DigFin websites, including PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets or other mobile devices. You may store our content on that device for your personal use. You may print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use. You may share links to articles via sharing tools we make available.
We do not permit sharing, republishing or redistributing of DigFin content in any manner that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for DigFin content directly, or which acts at the detriment of DigFin’s ability to generate revenue from that content.
You may not copy DigFin content from our website or any third-party source of DigFin content, such as news aggregators.
You may not republish or distribute full text articles (e.g. by pasting them into emails, or republishing on any media, including intranets or newsletters).
As long as you do not damage DigFin’s commercial activities (as described above), you may publish online DigFin headlines and links to associated articles, and the first 140 characters (a teaser text) of an article.
You may forward headlines, links and teaser text to other individuals.
You may download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use. We publish headlines and teaser text within our RSS feeds. You may make these feeds available to third parties, users within an organization you work for, or users of a website you publish, on condition you comply with the restrictions set out below.
The restrictions that apply to use of our RSS feeds are that you:
- only publish the feed for access via a web-based browser;
- do not use or publish the feed as part of a paid for service or for other commercial gain;
- publish the feed as it is made available on DigFin websites, so that you only include the headline and teaser content, and ensure that the headline links back to the full text article on DigFin websites;
- attribute the feed to DigFin as “© Digital Finance Media Limited [year]”;
- do not archive the feed or any of its content;
- comply with our guidelines on usage of DigFin logos.
As specified above you may not republish or redistribute full text articles (except as permitted by any sharing tools we make available).
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from DigFin websites is prohibited. Prohibited activities include:
- Using spidering technology or other datamining technologies to search and link to DigFin websites.
- Creating a database in electronic or structured manual from by systematically and/or regularly downloading, caching, printing and storing all or any DigFin content (by spidering or otherwise).
- Framing, harvesting or scraping DigFin content or otherwise accessing DigFin content for similar purposes.
Linking to DigFin content
If you would like to link to DigFin websites, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A site or service that links to DigFin websites:
- may display a DigFin logo to indicate the source of the link, but must not otherwise use any DigFin trade marks without permission from DigFin;
- must not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the DigFin logo;
- may link to the homepage of DigFin websites, and, provided that you comply with this copyright policy, may also link to other pages of DigFin websites;
- must not damage DigFin’s commercial prospects (as defined above);
- must not in any way imply that DigFin is endorsing it or its products or services;
- must not misrepresent its relationship with DigFin or present false information about DigFin;
- must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations;
- must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.
What am I not permitted to do with DigFin content?
You cannot do anything other than make use of the content as set out above, unless you buy the appropriate license. By way of example only, this means that you cannot:
- If you are a registered user or subscriber, share your user name and password with anyone else. A password is for one person’s use. Sharing a password means a copy of our content may subsequently be made by someone who is not authorized to do so. Password sharing is a breach of our terms and conditions and is likely to result in an infringement of copyright. We monitor usage to detect password sharing.
- Copy, publish or redistribute full text articles, photographs, graphics, tables or images in any way (except as permitted by any sharing tools we make available).
- Create derivative works from our content unless allowed under the term described in above passages.
Photocopy or scan copies of articles.
- Remove the copyright or trademark notice from any copies of DigFin content.
This website collects and uses personal information provided by users upon registration in the operation of our business. We also collect and use information regarding transactions carried out on this website, information provided for the purpose of subscribing to the website’s services, and any other information you send to Digital Finance Media Limited and its representatives.
This information is used to administer this website, personalize the website for users, enable users to access and use our services, and market third-party products, communications and services to users. We will disclose your personal information where required by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend the legal rights of Digital Finance Media Limited and its representatives.
DigFin will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store data on a server in Hong Kong run by a third-party vendor. If you are not located in Hong Kong, you agree to transferring your personal information to Hong Kong.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. DigFin makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, DigFin does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
- Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter, you should consult an appropriate professional.
Third parties who provide content for DigFin represent, warrant and covenant:
- No materials of any kind submitted through your account will violate, plagarize, or infringe upon the rights of any third party;
- Nor contain libelous or otherwise unlawful material;
- That you are at least 14 years old.
- That you indemnify, defend and hold harmless DigFin and its directors, employees, owners, affiliates, information providers, and agents from and against any and all liability and costs, including legal fees incurred against DigFin and related indemnified parties for claims against any breach of yours against these terms.
Fees and payments
We reserve the right at any time to charge fees to access portions or the entirety of DigFin’s websites and services as a whole. We will give users of free services advance notice of any such fees. We reserve the right to charge fees directly or through a vendor or other service provider. You will be billed for any fees and charges, and you must pay them. DigFin is not liable for any taxes you incur through paying for our services.
Limitations of liability
DigFin will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if DigFin has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit DigFin’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by DigFin’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of DigFin; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for DigFin to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, DigFin has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against DigFin’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
This document was created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.