Regulation continues to pile up for banks and asset managers operating in capital markets. How effective have been regtech (regulatory technology) solutions? Has artificial intelligence lived up to its hype? Is compliance technology allowing financial institutions to scale across Asia?
Ashish Rai, head of capital markets solutions for Asia and the Middle East at FIS, tells Jame DiBiasio how regulation is impacting business, the way firms are using technology to meet compliance needs, and the big trends going into 2022.
- 0:00 – Ashish Rai, FIS
- 1:13 – Trends in capital-markets regulation
- 2:56 – Differences between Hong Kong and Singapore
- 5:37 – Are back offices ready for compliance tech needs?
- 7:10 – Regtech’s strengths in capital markets
- 8:25 – And its shortfalls; has A.I. delivered?
- 10:33 – Banks and asset managers’ benefits in future
- 11:45 – Risk management in machine learning and regtech
- 15:28 – Most important upcoming regulations
- 17:10 – What about Asia’s developing markets
- 18:22 – Is it getting easier to scale financial businesses in Asia?
- 19:17 – Goals for FIS in Asia in 2022
- 20:59 – Your regulatory wishlist for next year