There is a wave of video games being built on blockchain. These games allow users to earn income from playing. Some even offer partial ownership of the platform.
Through tools such as non-fungible tokens, these companies are bringing crypto to people who otherwise would not use it, with a proposition that is about either leisure, or income – but not about speculating on virtual assets.
DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio speaks with Gil Bashan, chief product officer at StrongNode, a U.S. technology company developing games and ecosystems to support these new “play to earn models”. We discussed how they work, the blockchain beneath the hood, whether this “metaverse” trend will be relevant to financial institutions and other traditional enterprises.
- 0:00 – Gil Bashan, StrongNode
- 1:55 – Introduction to StrongNode
- 3:42 – Play to Earn, the new gaming business model
- 5:04 – Blockchain in the background
- 5:58 – Target market/audience
- 6:50 – Why do you need blockchain for gaming?
- 8:25 – Economics and income from Play to Earn
- 9:43 – Games for connecting communities
- 11:00 – NFTs, access, and identity
- 13:09 – Relevance to big enterprises
- 15:31 – How KYC works
- 16:16 – The importance of user growth
- 17:18 – Monetizing user data
- 18:48 – Banks into the metaverse!