Miles Wen is CEO of Hong Kong startup Fano Labs, a developer of deep networks and other AI tools to understand voices – to translate what people say, as well as add insights around the context of those conversations. It’s a service that financial institutions are using today for monitoring wealth managers, among other things.
Wen speaks with Jame DiBiasio about the state of AI today, how banks are integrating (or struggling to integrate) AI solutions, regtech’s growth prospects, and Fano Labs’ going IPO.
- 0:00 – Miles Wen and Fano Labs’ work with AI
- 3:05 – Generating insights from people speaking multiple languages
- 5:44 – Real world uses for AI and regtech, including how firms sell investment products
- 10:48 – How special is Fano Labs’ work and how different is its business model?
- 15:53 – Evolution of AI and deep learning models
- 18:29 – Working with banks in fintech/AI
- 19:25 – Fano’s bank clients and creating new use cases
- 23:46 – How good are banks at integrating AI solutions?
- 28:04 – Regulators pushing for regtech solutions
- 30:05 – Fano Labs’ IPO plans