Maaike Steinebach is founder of Femtech Futures, a Hong Kong-based venture investment firm supporting startups in the tech space dedicated to women’s health and wellbeing.
Steinebach tells Jame DiBiasio about her journey from fintech to femtech, and how they are similar. She discusses the opportunity set, including backing B2B and B2C startups, and where she sees the space headed.
She puts femtech into the context of Web3, data sovereignty, and digital identity – particularly in the context of Asia’s many societies.
- 0:00 – Maaike Steinebach, Femtech Futures
- 2:15 – From fintech to femtech: Maaike’s journey
- 3:56 – Democratization and equal access to healthcare
- 5:49 – Leading venture investment into femtech
- 9:14 – The corporate landscape: employers, big pharma
- 9:56 – B2B business models versus B2C in femtech
- 13:34 – Driving market awareness and creating B2B opportunities
- 15:42 – Femtech’s place within the fintech universe
- 17:42 – Data sharing and open finance
- 18:20 – Web3, data sovereignty and digital identity
- 22:14 – Gamification and Web3 experiences for women
- 23:12 – Femtech in Asia and women’s health as software