Banking & Payments
“StripeGPT” | Paul Harapin, Stripe | DigFin VOX Ep. 59
Stripe’s Paul Harapin discusses the firm’s use of ChatGPT, and where Stripe is going in Asia Pacific.
Paul Harapin is APAC leader at payments fintech Stripe.
He discusses two topics: how Stripe is leveraging artificial intelligence, and its roadmap in Asia Pacific.
Harapin tells DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio that Stripe is incorporating ChatGPT and other language-learning models. This is partly to support clients such as ChatGPT’s creator, OpenAI, but also to help derive better outcomes in Stripe’s business.
Following layoffs at the company in the wake of the tech crash, Harapin outlines Stripe’s priorities in Asia and where the company sees innovation from the region making its way to other parts of the world.
- 0:00 – Paul Harapin, Stripe
- 1:16 – Stripe’s strategy for artificial intelligence
- 4:38 – What AI companies are doing in the payments space
- 6:11 – Managing risks of ChatGPT
- 7:33 – The impact AI may have on payments processing
- 9:39 – The risks as AI gets more powerful
- 11:20 – Stripe’s valuation rollercoaster, where it’s cutting, where it’s investing
- 17:03 – Cross-border expansion in Asia
- 17:44 – Asia’s importance to the Stripe business
- 19:18 – Asia’s different competitive landscape for Stripe
- 22:36 – Innovations from Asia that can go global