Venkatesh Saha is Singapore-based head of international expansion and partnerships at Wise, the cross-border payments fintech previously known as TransferWise.
Saha speaks with DigFin about the challenges involved with entering new markets around the region, and the all-important relationships with regulators. He also touches the competition, navigating uneven payment systems, and how fintech is driving down the cost of remittances.
- Show notes:
- Intro to cross-border payments, challenges, 1.00
- Conversations with regulators, 3.00
- When incumbents aren’t helpful, 3.55
- Leveraging domestic faster-payments systems, 5.25
- Are you scaling as you grow, or fragmenting? 7.25
- Are banks copying your tech? 9.45
- Visa/Mastercard partnerships, 11.00
- Crypto competition, 12.55
- Biometrics, eKYC, and databases, 14.25
- Wise’s wishlist for business development, 15.15