Scott Treloar is founder of Noviscient, a fintech that is creating digital solutions for asset managers.
Treloar, who has a background in asset management, explains to DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio why it’s been difficult for the industry to go digital, and what Novsicient is bringing to the space.
He describes how technology makes it easier to allow emerging managers – often the ones with the best performance compared to large, more marketing-oriented businesses – to provide their strategies to big institutional investors.
- 0:00 – Scott Treloar, Noviscient
- 1:13 – Asset management companies are struggling with going digital
- 2:52 – Turning information flows into digital info – how Noviscient does it, adding value to AM clients, helping AMs with operational efficiency
- 6:14 – How fintechs can help asset managers move beyond legacy processes
- 9:54 – Versus traditional outsourcing of middle office functions to banks
- 11:30 – New tech stacks, open source, modular plug-n-play
- 13:32 – Who are Noviscient’s clients?
- 16:05 – The needs of scale and giving large investors access to small and emerging managers
- 21:40 – Using cloud and AI
- 24:10 – Sequential decision analytics, big data versus structured data
- 26:37 – Catalyzing deep change in the asset-management industry