Rama Sridhar is responsible for all of Mastercard’s new payments, emerging tech, and digital solutions in Asia Pacific.
She speaks with DigFin‘s Jame DiBiasio about how technology is changing the way Mastercard makes decisions, exciting changes afoot in payments, and the massive opportunities as millions of people diversify from relying solely on cash.
- 0:00 – Rama Sridhar, Mastercard
- 1:20 – Sridhar’s career in tech, banking, payments – and tech again
- 2:41 – How technology now drives decision-making
- 3:29 – Legacy models, advantage or handicap?
- 5:37 – Changes in the payments landscape, and how to adapt
- 7:48 – Accessing new customer segments and demographics in Asia
- 10:32 – Assessing the viability of new business models
- 13:12 – Managing individual market variation
- 14:22 – Financial inclusion – practical outcomes versus buzzword
- 19:27 – Blockchain, metaverse, and other new models of interest
- 21:26 – Managing the risk of new tech/business models
- 22:36 – Real-time payments, digital banks, and other success stories
- 25:34 – Interoperability and the biggest gaps to bridge
- 28:18 – Workforce inclusion and mentoring