Mark Munoz is managing partner at Vectr Fintech Partners, a global venture-capital firm based in Hong Kong.
Munoz speaks with Jame DiBiasio about the new, challenging macro conditions for startups and VCs, the new landscape for valuations, and his approach to investing in fintech companies in Asia.
Munoz also discusses his take on digital assets, artificial intelligence, and what he’s looking for in the next pitch deck.
- 0:00 – Mark Munoz, Vectr Fintech Partners
- 1:40 – Comparing today’s turmoil to the Dot-Com bust
- 4:46 – Macro impact on Vectr’s portfolio
- 6:56 – How company valuations in Asia are changing
- 9:56 – VC operating models in the new macro environment
- 12:20 – What he’s looking for in different fintech segments
- 15:00 – Investing in Asia and emerging markets
- 17:50 – Challenges of scaling portfolio companies
- 20:12 – Blockchain and digital assets
- 23:27 – Artificial intelligence in fintech
- 26:40 – Advice to founders making a pitch