Jason Tu is founder of MioTech, one of Asia’s founding fintech companies dedicated to providing data and analytics around environmental, social and governance risk factors (ESG) to investors and corporations.
Jason spoke with Jame DiBiasio about the big trends in ESG in China and Asia broadly, how asset and wealth managers are using ESG data, sourcing information, and the technology enabling this.
More fundamentally, Tu and DiBiasio spoke about the state of ESG among financial institutions, some of big questions around ESG’s utility and viability, and where this space is headed.
- 0:00 – Jason Tu, MioTech
- 1:10 – MioTech and ESG data
- 2:22 – China/Asia ESG requirements
- 4:34 – Pace of change for financial institutions
- 6:39 – Some ESG factors count more than others!
- 8:10 – Collecting ESG data
- 9:56 – Stakeholder v. shareholder capitalism
- 13:12 – Does ESG create greenwashing?
- 14:40 – The necessity of global standards
- 15:41 – Powering investors via data
- 16:58 – Tech’s role, innovations, and future in ESG