Dušan Stojanović and his colleagues at True Global Ventures invest in blockchain and artificial-intelligence companies, backing many businesses in Web3 and metaverse-themed businesses.
He spoke with Jame DiBiasio about the convergence of generative AI models (such as ChatGPT) and Web3 businesses as a medium-term play. In the short term he is investing in AI businesses that sell to non-tech companies.
Stojanović talks about how startups are faring against giant corporations, data uses, and how the tools of AI are transforming the business of venture capital.
- 0:00 – Dušan Stojanović, True Global Ventures
- 2:40 – Framing a medium-term focus on investment themes
- 4:18 – Why did the AI+ blockchain theme not work in recent years?
- 6:41 – How can VC and startups compete in AI versus corporate giants?
- 8:50 – Real-world applications for various industries
- 11:55 – Finance industry issues around data, security, sovereignty
- 14:31 – Decentralized data in Web3 versus controlling big data sets
- 18:25 – Inserting generative AI into Web3 business models
- 23:11 – Governance in Web3 and metaverse spaces
- 26:39 – The impact of generative AI on Web3 and traditional businesses
- 28:52 – And its impact on the VC industry and investment decisions