It’s our birthday! DigFin’s website launched on March 15, 2017.
Like many digital businesses, DigFin benefited from the COVID-19 pandemic. Our readership increased as did demand for our services to help companies engage with their communities and tell their stories. We also launched a new series called DigFin Green, showcasing leaders in applying fintech to sustainable finance.
We have not been in the business of organizing large physical events, but when the pandemic struck in early 2020, DigFin was situated to help companies tell their stories virtually.
We’re as eager as the next person to see conditions return to something like normal. This will allow us to build on what we’ve started, and to take our platform and services into online/offline hybrids.
Maralyn Ho and Nick West, both seasoned commercial directors from the traditional finance media world, joined DigFin to help us grow.
We are also introducing this year our DigFin Innovation Awards, which should set a high bar for innovation in financial services and technology serving users in Asia.
You’ll also see us tell stories in new media, not just in text.
Looking back at the past 12 months, here are some of the most popular stories from the site:
- What “nexus” means for Standard Chartered
- Ten reasons to watch Malaysia’s virtual banks
- Why AXA’s Gordon Watson is betting big on telehealth
- HSBC plans for digitized capital markets
- Red app, blue app: KBZPay notches 6m Myanmar users
- Binance Future’s killer edge: “taker”-friendly fees
- Transaction banking’s future, according to DBS
- SoFi first U.S. fintech unicorn to wade into Asia
- BlackRock’s Aladdin helping change distribution models
- What is Stefan Qin’s edge in crypto? Fraud, says the SEC
Thanks for reading!