Insurtech ambitions: Alvin Kwock, OneDegree, VOX 14
Alvin Kwock at OneDegree talks insurtech trends, and going from pet insurance to global B2B.
Alvin Kwock helded found OneDegree in 2016. Last year the company won a virtual insurance license from the Hong Kong Insurance Authority. Its license allows it to conduct both local consumer-facing business, as well as provide software-as-a-service to other insurance companies.
The company recently completed a $28 million Series B fundraising.
Kwock speaks with Jame DiBiasio about the changing trends in insurtech and insurance, starting out with pet insurance, working with the big incumbents, global ambitions, and the challenges around digital product design.
- 0:00 – Alvin Kwock, OneDegree
- 1:28 – The vision from Day One in 2016
- 7:14 – Getting started in pet insurance, the whys and hows
- 13:16 – Extending into B2B for third-party insurers
- 14:48 – What big insurance companies need from tech companies
- 16:55 – The challenges of partnering with giant legacy insurers
- 20:25 – Going global, can you maintain the same focus?
- 22:39 – Design pitfalls for insurance mobile apps
Banking & Payments2 weeks ago
HSBC doubles down on corporate platform banking
Banking & Payments1 week ago
Ripple looks to Asia for growth in blockchain finance
Banking & Payments3 weeks ago
What a CBDC means for Hong Kong’s payment wallets
Banking & Payments4 weeks ago
Tokenized deposits | Naveen Mallela, J.P. Morgan | VOX 57
Capital Markets3 weeks ago