The Hong Kong Youth FinTech Association has announced the establishment of its advisory committee along with new council members.
The Association was inaugurated in November 2021 during Hong Kong Fintech Week. Its mission is to promote young people’s financial literacy and interest in fintech, among other goals to foster the city’s talent pool.
It has now established an advisory committee to be chaired by Calvin Choi, chairman of AMTD Group. It includes four members:
- Eliza Chan, member of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, and the permanent honorary chairman of the Hong Kong CPPCC (Provincial) Members Association;
- Timothy Tong, member of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, chairman of the Council of the Hong Kong Laureate Forum and president emeritus of the Hong Kong Polytechnical University;
- George Lam, chairman of Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company;
- Denis Yip, CEO of Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute.
The Association also announced the appointment of the following new council members:
- Executive vice chairman: Dagang Feng, Chaoyang District of Beijing NPC deputy; chairman of the board of directors and CEO of 36kr; co-founder of AK73;
- Executive vice chairman: Benson Luk, member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong SAR, chief strategy officer of the chairman’s office of Lai Sun Group; vice chairman of the economic policy committee of the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce;
- Vice chairman: Joseph Chan, president of the Hong Kong Youth Association, vice governor of The Hong Kong Island Federation;
- Vice chairman: Wang Xin, founder and president of Sharetimes.
Joint promotors of the H.K. Youth FinTech Association include the Hong Kong Youth Association, Greater Bay Area Young Entrepreneurs Association, Deloitte China, 36kr, Zebras, FinStep Asia, and Share Value Initiative Hong Kong.