DigFin hosted a webinar on March 23 on tokenizing securities and how this trend fits into the rise of blockchain-based finance.
We present highlights from the discussion, which lasted for 60 minutes and generated many questions from our audience about crypto, NFTs, digital assets, and value-added business models.
- Henry Chong, CEO, Fusang
- Johnny Wijaya, head of innovation APAC, BNY Mellon
- Emmanuelle Pecenicic, head of digital strategy, Fidelity International
- Jame DiBiasio, DigFin (moderator)
- 0:00 – Welcome
- 0:05 – Introducing tokenization (Jame DiBiasio)
- 1:48 – Tokenizing securities versus crypto and NFTs (Henry Chong)
- 4:18 – What banks are building (Johnny Wijaya)
- 7:00 – Benefits of blockchain finance for asset managers (Emma Pecenicic)
- 10:25 – Importance of CBDCs, stablecoins (Henry Chong)