Asset & Wealth Management
A.I. in Asset Management: Join our buy-side COO talk
Join us for this in-depth discussion with leading buy-side COOs on A.I. and other opportunities.
Join The Hong Kong Investment Funds Association, SmartStream and DigFin on Wednesday, March 31, at 2.30 to discuss the changing role of the buy-side COO.
Chief operating officers at asset managers continue to implement strategies involving artificial intelligence and other next-gen technologies.
Our speakers include:
- Rob Scott, COO, Sentier Investments (Sydney)
- David Ng, COO, CSOP Asset Management (Hong Kong)
- Annie Lai, COO, Hel Ved Capital (Hong Kong)
- Vincent Kincoyle, SmartStream Technologies (U.K.)
- Moderator: Jame DiBiasio, DigFin
We’ll be discussing the changing nature of the COO job in Asia and the opportunities helping them lead buy-side firms, including:
- How A.I. is transforming the last bastions of difficult manual work, eg corporate actions and reconciliations, and what this means for productivity and adaptability in banks’ and buy side operations
- Understanding the priority for COOs now: post-trade processing, payments, outsourcing, liquidity management, costs? How are COOs evaluating their priorities?
- How are COOs adapting to meet these needs – changes in their role, in managing and retaining teams, the skills required, how they interface with third parties.
Banking & Payments2 weeks ago
HSBC doubles down on corporate platform banking
Banking & Payments1 week ago
Ripple looks to Asia for growth in blockchain finance
Banking & Payments3 weeks ago
What a CBDC means for Hong Kong’s payment wallets
Banking & Payments4 weeks ago
Tokenized deposits | Naveen Mallela, J.P. Morgan | VOX 57
Capital Markets3 weeks ago