Join The Hong Kong Investment Funds Association, SmartStream and DigFin on Wednesday, March 31, at 2.30 to discuss the changing role of the buy-side COO.
Chief operating officers at asset managers continue to implement strategies involving artificial intelligence and other next-gen technologies.
Our speakers include:
- Rob Scott, COO, Sentier Investments (Sydney)
- David Ng, COO, CSOP Asset Management (Hong Kong)
- Annie Lai, COO, Hel Ved Capital (Hong Kong)
- Vincent Kincoyle, SmartStream Technologies (U.K.)
- Moderator: Jame DiBiasio, DigFin
We’ll be discussing the changing nature of the COO job in Asia and the opportunities helping them lead buy-side firms, including:
- How A.I. is transforming the last bastions of difficult manual work, eg corporate actions and reconciliations, and what this means for productivity and adaptability in banks’ and buy side operations
- Understanding the priority for COOs now: post-trade processing, payments, outsourcing, liquidity management, costs? How are COOs evaluating their priorities?
- How are COOs adapting to meet these needs – changes in their role, in managing and retaining teams, the skills required, how they interface with third parties.