Year of the Rabbit Preview: Risks to fintechs
At DigFin Salon, Doug Arner, Peter Bullock and Bowie Lau discuss the risks for fintech companies this year.
DigFin Salon brings highlights from our discussion on the risks for fintech in Asia in the new Year of the Rabbit.
Featuring Douglas Arner of the University of Hong Kong, Peter Bullock of King & Wood Mallesons, and Bowie Lau of MageSpire, in a talk moderated by Leonie Tear of KWM.
The discussion ranged from the major risks and challenges for fintech companies to the opportunities for startups and investors this year.
King & Wood Mallesons hosted the event in their Hong Kong office.
- 0:00 – Year of the Rabbit Preview, risks in fintech
- 0:13 – Rising interest rate environment
- 1:05 – Credibility risks for crypto firms
- 1:50 – Banks have caught up with startups
- 2:35 – NFTs and litigation risk
- 2:59 – Bear market opportunities, M&A
- 3:57 – Hard tech for energy transition
Interested in sponsoring a DigFin Salon? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perspectives2 weeks ago
Startups, VCs will get money back from SVB. Now what?
Capital Markets4 weeks ago
Bond association tackles DLT’s impact on liquidity
Perspectives4 weeks ago
“We can accommodate 1,000 more startups in Web3”
Capital Markets2 weeks ago
Crypto data | Ambre Soubiran, Kaiko | VOX Ep. 52
Capital Markets3 weeks ago