Amber Group is a crypto business that moved from Hong Kong to Singapore last year, and is now backed by Temasek, among other investors. Its latest Series B fundraise boosted its valuation to $3 billion.
Annabelle Huang, managing partner, discusses the firm’s valuation and potential IPO plans, managing the changing regulatory landscape, and the extension of a prop-trading start to a new embrace of retail business.
- 0:00 – Annabelle Huang, Amber Group
- 1:54 – Amber expands out of pure institutional business
- 4:20 – Institutional needs in crypto versus TradFi
- 7:54 – Convergence between crypto and traditional finance
- 9:07 – How Amber views regulatory uncertainty
- 10:43 – Amber switches HQ from Hong Kong to Singapore
- 12:59 – Crypto’s prospects if CBDCs emerge
- 14:52 – Adapting institutional products for retail wealth mgmt
- 16:56 – Is gamification healthy?
- 18:31 – Why NFT valuations are falling
- 21:55 – Web3, institutional versus retail demand
- 22:41 – Are there social benefits to financializing games?
- 23:30 – Stablecoin and Tether risks
- 25:32 – Amber Group’s IPO plans
- 27:00 – Most exciting development for 2022